Lingerie Brands I Love!

I've been a lingerie lover for a very, very long time!

Even before I had experienced puberty, I'd admire the small details of bras that I would see at a store or in magazines.

I love lingerie so much and want to collect a lot more of it. This is currently my favorite bra, strangely enough, it's a pushup from Victoria's Secret, and I don't have very many things by them.



The Victoria's Secret catalog arrived all the time in my household and it seemed to tell a story way back when. It wasn't as garish and one-dimensional as it seems to be today.

Exhibit A, from 1979:


Let's not forget about the old Playboys that would be lying around my uncle's house.

The following are designers and smaller companies that are a little off the beaten path. I appreciate them because of their aesthetic, their commitment to sizes for most everybody, and their inclusiveness of POC (people of color).

You might have already heard of Bettie Page Lingerie. They're a division of Playful Promises.

I love love love love their modern bullet bras, and this is me wearing one of them!



Playful Promises recently did a campaign with Leyth Bloom, a famous model who happens to be transgender and an activist. It's a beautiful campaign and I know one of the gals in it (link is NSFW).

I recently discovered Dottie's Delights. How could you NOT be in love with this company? Their motto is: burlesque and pin-up inspired lingerie for the vintage aesthetic connoisseur.

This is the Shangri-la Bra from their I'd Rather Be with the Girls collection.


Check out their other ranges. They're a little on the pricier side but it's nothing like Agent Provocateur.

Fraulein Kink. I have no words, just look at this pic!


Lucy B. needs no introduction to lovers of vintage-inspired lingerie.



Marie Mur is a very recent find and if you can't find a leather harness here, then you have no imagination. ;)


Check out Nina and the Wolf, if not for only their beautiful imagery. Pricey and seems better suited for the itty bitty titty committee (of which I used to be a card-carrying member).



If you want to look like a cupcake and/or are into Kawaii, then Purrfect Pineapples is the Etsy store for you!



What Katie Did is another vintage-inspired brand that's been around awhile. Isn't this bra magnificent?


I'll be updating this list very soon and until then, check out the following lingerie blogs:

Estelle X
Hugs for Your Jugs
Kisses from the Moon
Place de la Dentelle
The Lace Appeal
The Lingerie Addict
Wishful Inking







No comments: