Evolution

It's been nearly six months since I've updated this blog. Stating the obvious here, but even I was surprised that so much time had passed.

I've had everything and yet nothing to say at the same time. How much to reveal, how much to keep to myself?


I wish I could look like this all the time. Animal prints and fishnets have always been neutrals for me and I've been having fun mixing things up.

So last month found me not wanting to idly sit behind screens, save maybe for some Instagram and Pinterest time.

Visual images and audiobooks have had more appeal to me than sitting on Facebook, for example. Unfortunately, Facebook is where many people I know exclusively post updates, and it's a bummer.

I'm in the midst of a lot of changes in my life, both personal and hopefully professional. 

What's mindblowing to me is that I've made it to almost 45. Well, in a couple of weeks.

I truly didn't think that I'd live this long, so I consider every moment a gift. I'm lucky because so many friends didn't make it. I'm also wondering why the hell I've put up with certain things for far too long.

Maybe I wasn't ready to reclaim my personal space and power, but let me tell you, some people are holding on in such a way that they are making it a LOT harder than it needs to be.

I hate having to justify my actions (and sometimes my existence) to anyone.

This was something that I saw that was too good not to share.


I've been reaching for better feelings because I've been in a rut for a very long time.

I've also started working out again since I hurt my back with an ill-timed fall down the stairs. There were only four of them and I caught myself, but it felt like whiplash as soon as I caught myself.

Since I have such an odd schedule and gyms can be cost prohibitive, I've been doing at home workouts. Strengthing my core and being more flexible is key. Even though the music can be annoying at times, I highly recommend Blogilates with Cassey Ho.

I've been doing Pilates for 22 years. It started when I was making crazy money in L.A. and has changed my life for the better. Cassey's instruction is great for being free on the internet and I'm using one of her workout calendars until I get stronger.


I've also been listening to a bunch of audiobooks, simultaneously. It's rough but it's how I roll. And I also listen to them at 1.5x the speed.

Here's what I've been listening to:





I hope that all is well in your world, and here are some pics in a bigger size than what you might on Instagram. Blurry as hell maybe, even with an iPhone 8. Maybe I can't keep my hand steady?




Here's one that isn't on my Instagram. Yay for cat hair and then my wild, long hair.


I'm waiting for the mail person because I have two pairs of glasses with my new prescription to arrive. Can't wait to see how they look. I usually get it right with ordering things online.

Have a great week, a nice everything.

No comments: